Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12: Web 2.0 awards list or Ning

I chose RealTravel from the list of Web 2.0 Award winners. This site is different from your typical travel website, mainly because it includes travel blogs written by ordinary people, thus making it more... well, real.

This site will definitely give you the travel bug, if you don't already have it. I have a lot more travelling to do so I can definitely see myself using this site in the future. It has almost no relevance to libraries, but was one of the few sites on the list that really appealed to me.

That, and Guess the Google. Be warned.. if you can't afford to spend a couple of hours playing this game, then it's probably best not to start. This game probably has a very vague relevance to libraries - you could argue that trying to guess the keyword is somewhat involved with reference desk skills?? (I did say 'very vague relevance'.)
... So far I have the top score of the day with 373.

1 comment:

The Cat in the Hat said...

Had a quick look at both sites. Looked at Real Travel and put in Melbourne, for my Xmas holiday, not very exciting but I will go back and see what people say. Also tried out guess the Googel. Not tellin my score!!