Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9: Useful library related blogs and/or news feeds

I found that the Browse tool in Google Reader was the easiest way to find feeds. I tried all the search tools, and a lot of them came up with unrelated links.

The only one that I found really user-friendly was Topix.net.
I like the layout and results are displayed clearly. It has lots of local news.
Using Topix I found The Good Library Blog
which has an article called 'Cataloguing a go-go'. The article was okay but I really just like the title.
I also found this blog entry, 'All about librarians', which among other things, informs us that 'A group of librarians is also known as a shoosh'.

I really like Google Reader's feed bundles. I have subscribed to both the Celebrities and Food bundles. I'm not sure how often I'll have time to actually log in and check the feeds, or even if I want to but at least I know where to go if I ever want to find a new recipe or hear what Perez Hilton is rabbiting on about this time.

2 comments:

Maeve said...

Well done Marsha. You're really getting the hang of all this stuff.

The Cat in the Hat said...

I like this one too. Must be related to the Etiquette one.